Saturday, March 10, 2007

This Week's Game ReCap


Well, neither of our teams did very well this week (except for our Texas Longhorn Men's Basketball Team who pulled out a win after a very rough start...Hook 'Em baby!). Benji's baseball team lost 15-6 Wednesday night. They managed to redeem themselves a little in the last inning, 'cause going into that inning they were losing 15-0! Their coach's speech following the game started out with "Well, I'm not as mad at you as I was after the 2nd inning!" I agreed with his assessment of the situation completely! We just weren't making the plays. Case in point, here is Benji missing a throw from home to try to catch the guy trying to steal. If you look closely, you can see the ball above the runner's head and nowhere near Benji's glove! Not like him at all, I must say.

Now Jon's soccer team did a little better. They still lost, 5-3, but they were winning 3-2 with less than 10 minutes to go, when a series of freak accidents happened allowing the other team to score 3 unanswered goals on us. Jon played offense again...a new position for him...but this week he did much better. He actually got in there and tried moving the ball up field! He had a beautiful head shot that I managed to snap a picture of...immediately AFTER it happened! But the best part of the game for me, was when my Jon actually TRIED to score a goal! Jonathan has always preferred defense, and had absolutely no interest in the offensive part of the game. However, after getting a shot at making a goal, he has decided that he really wants to score at least one goal this year. Here's the picture of him just after he took the shot and just before he landed on his buhootie! You can see the goalie's foot coming up under Jon's foot in the picture. This made Jon trip and the goalie was able to secure the ball and save the goal. I was still mighty proud of my little guy!

Well, that's my sports update for this week. It is Spring Break here this week for those who attend "real school", as my kids call it. So there are no games this week. You'll just have to wait to find out if they do better next game!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: