Wednesday, March 21, 2007

American Idol Last Night

Okay, I won't be able to do a detailed, person by person post this week...sorry folks. Time is short, and baseball practice, laundry, and dishes are waiting in the wings!

First of all, let me reiterate...EVERY ONE of these singers is better than I ever hope to be! Secondly, my critique of any particular singer is based on whose album I would buy. I would choose the winner based on which album I would want to purchase for my own collection. Case in point...I have purchased albums by Josh Gracin, Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini, Carrie Underwood, Diana DeGarmo, and I bought Ruben's worship album, but not his R&B album. I also did not purchase Fantasia's album. However, these people can OBVIOUSLY sing...so, I'm not in anyway demeaning anyone's talent. 'Kay?

My favorites last night were: Melinda, Jordin, and Chris Sligh...in that order. I mostly listen for the vocals rather than the "performance". I'm looking for an ALBUM to buy, not a VIDEO, so I really could care less if they put on a show or not...although a really bad performance can overshadow a good vocal.

My least favorites last night were: Sanjaya, Gina, Blake, and Chris Richardson. Again, this was mainly due to the fact that I'm not a big rocker, or a "boy band" fan! I really loved Sanjaya's original audition, and I even liked him through Hollywood week, so I bet he could make an album in his particular genre that would sound REALLY good, however, I think with the competition he is up against on AI, he should be the next to go home.

The rest were good, just didn't stand out for me either way. I will say ONE tiny little thing about wardrobe...modesty is important ladies. Whether you think so now or not, one day you will wish you had kept yourself covered up a little bit more during your youth. :)

And that's my humble opinion this week.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

That modesty point is HUUGE. They have come a ways though. We've been watching a bit of the American Idol Rewind which is past years and the first year the was a whole lotta belly buttons showing. I was shocked.

Like your blog - I am a cake decorating wannabee and homeschoolin' mom of 4 children. Nice to meet you.

Cheryl...from the belly of the whale...

Karen said...

I think Jordin is fast becoming my favorite. I love her smile... Of the 3 top ladies, she is probably the most marketable one. Regardless of how awesome their voices are, I just don't see either Melinda or Lakisha tearing up the charts.