Friday, August 15, 2008

Ever had a punishment backfire???

So, the 3-year-old has taken up the new Olympic sport of "Spitting". He finds it amusing...the rest of us, not so much.

This morning I was finished with the whole "time out", "explaining why we don't spit", and every other thing I could think of to do, so I told the Boy that if he spit again, I was going to put hot sauce in his mouth. I like this one, because it is just as effective as soap, but since hot sauce is actually intended for human comsumption, I just feel it's a safer alternative.

Guess what the boy did? He spit...mmm-hmm. He did. So.....

I put a drop of Tabasco on his lip so that when he stuck out his tongue to spit again....SURPRISE!

Now, in the back of my mind, I really didn't think the hot sauce would work with Dave because Dave likes hot stuff. Ben enjoys"Flaming Hot Cheetos", "Jalapeno Doritos", etc., etc., etc., and Dave is usually right there sharing the bag with him. However, since I'd said I would, I did.

Well, the boy didn't like the Tabasco sans chips one bit...so he coughed and gagged, and puked.....on my foot and down his shirt. And then he stood there crying and saying, "Dave doesn't wike it. Huggy Mommy, huggy!" Translation..."My mouth is hot, I have vomit down my shirt and now I want you to pick me up and hold me. After you clean up the pile of vomit on the floor, of course." .....sigh.

On the bright side...there has been no spitting for the past hour and a half, and there is now at least one clean spot on my kitchen floor!

1 comment:

Mocha with Linda said...

About that cake. . . .

:-)