Sunday, February 1, 2009

White Chocolate Covered Popcorn

I totally forgot that I promised this recipe with my review of INKHEART! I deeply apologize...

This isn't really a recipe as I don't particularly measure very carefully, but rather "eyeball" it!

All you do, is pop about 1/2 cup of popcorn in an air-popper. Then melt about 1 cup of white chocolate morsels in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until completely melted. (Be careful, because you can over cook them, and they will be ruined.) Then, in a large bowl, pour the melted white chocolate over the popcorn and stir to coat all the popcorn.
Finally, spread the mixture out on a baking sheet and allow to cool. The white chocolate will harden back up, and you have a very tasty treat!

I made this for the Super Bowl tonight, and I used Wilton's Red Apeels instead of white chocolate because we are cheering for the Cardinals, and we wanted it to be red! :) It worked great and tastes really good too!

I posted a picture here, but since I'm on my phone, I can't load it here to the blog....sigh. Maybe one of these days I'll figure out how to do that!

Enjoy your popcorn, and. GO CARDINALS!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Sounds so yummmy!!! I will have to try it.

Stop by and enter my contest! I am having a GIVE AWAY!!!!