Monday, September 22, 2008

Catching Up is Hard to Do....

Hmmm, that sounds like a song...

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in here during the last 12 minutes of my 15 minute break to let you all know how things are going over here.

I'm feeling much better with regard to having to re-adjust to my prescription. That's a HUGE relief. Thanks to all of you who were praying for me. So far, I'm doing pretty good as far as my legs are concerned. I've been able to run/walk and do my strength training on my regular schedule. I've had some pain, but nothing major, so I'm hoping it wasn't the prescription after all and I'm getting past whatever it was. :)

This week, I'm trying to catch up with all the daily stuff that got pushed aside last week because I was too sick to do anything more than what was absolutely necessary. You know, taking a week off really messes things up! And trying to make up the work always takes longer, because everything is dirtier than it would have been with one week's less dirt!

On a happier note, I've been reading a lot. :) I just finished Kevin Leman's Have a New Kid by Friday" and I really liked it! The concept of taking these little steps to change your kids' attitude, which in turn changes the behavior, and then builds the character really appealed to me. Many things around here are easier, although he was right when he said that it would "get worse for awhile". There is still some testing of the process going on, but I can see some good results and hopefully, with me not being so sick, I'll be able to do even better at implementing everything I read. If you are having trouble getting your kids to listen, obey, and have a cheerful attitude while doing it, I would highly recommend this book!

I've also started on two more books for the Blog Book Tour, and they are both really good! I can't wait to be able to share them with you all on the Tour. One is a non-fiction, so I'm using it right now in my daily quiet time, and the other is fiction, so I'm just enjoying it in my down times. Yes, I do take some down times during the day...I have to...to maintain some semblance of sanity! I may have to lock myself in the bathroom to do it, but I do find 5-10 minutes here and there throughout the day to read and just chill out....all.by.myself. :)

Speaking of which, I'm 2 minutes past my break time, so I'd better get going!

I miss visiting with everyone, and I hope to be back soon!

1 comment:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! And I totally need to check out that book. I have a ten-year old with some major attitude. Can't imagine him as a teenager! ugh!

Love ya!