Thursday, April 19, 2007

Writer's Block

I'm having trouble thinking of anything to blog about lately. I have one post in the works, but it is a bit lengthy, and I have too much to do this week to spend much time on it, SO....I did think of one other Jonathan story for you. I actually can't believe I forgot to share this one earlier since it happened over a year ago!

We were at my niece's wedding. The wedding was held at this really cool, historic mansion just outside the city. The location of the actual ceremony was called "The Barn", but it was really a beautiful building with stained concrete floors, large rough-hewn logs were used as pillars throughout the room, the walls were limestone, and the ceiling looked like it was a thatched roof from the inside. So, we were sitting there, quietly, in the service when Jonathan starts looking around at the stone walls, the wooden pillars and the straw ceiling. He leaned over and said to me, "Mom, it looks like all three of the little pigs worked on this place!" In my great efforts to stifle my laughter, I think I emitted a snort or two which got me not a few curious looks from those around us! Oh well, we're all related now anyway!

Now, hopefully that will tie you over until I can think of something profound to write, or until I have my...um...mammogram. I'm sure I'll have plenty to write about after that!

In the meantime, I'm off to school and the cake and cookie world for the next couple of weeks. I'll check in when I can with pictures and updates, and if anything remotely funny, or, you know, humiliating happens, I'll be sure to let you know!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Lucky you!

I would have fallen out my chair in gales of laughter and totally humiliated myself!

Tracey said...

that is HILARIOUS!!! I would have been laughing uncontrollably! Too funny! Out of the mouths of babes!

Halfmoon Girl said...

That was very funny. I love the things kids say! I found you through CWO. I enjoyed reading your blog- i hae 4 kids too.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

you're a snorter too??? love it!!