Wednesday, February 14, 2007

And...it's started again...

Baseball that is. Yes baseball officially began last night at our house with the first practice of the season. Now, this is the time of year when my neighbors run into me and say things like, "Oh, do you still live here?" Because, you see, during baseball season, we are NEVER HOME. Now, this year, I only have one playing baseball, but Jonathan has discovered soccer and so we've just traded in one sport for another. That means we will be at practices a minimum of 4 nights a week between the two of them, (provided they don't end up with practices on THE SAME NIGHT) and then we juggle games on weekends. Now, don't get me wrong, I LIKE baseball season. I enjoy baseball, and I LOVE watching my kid play. And even though soccer is not my favorite sport, I do love watching Jonathan play. However, I do not look forward to the daily mad rush to gather all the gear together and get everyone out the door and to practice on time. AND adding practice to the day gives me even less time to get all the stuff done that I don't have time to do as it is!

Now, did I mention that last night was the first practice of the season? And did I mention that it was really cold last night? It was 41 degrees out there, but the real problem was the wind! It was blowing so hard, that the cold went right through every layer we had on!! The kids and I lasted about 5 minutes in the bleachers before we all headed back to the parking lot to watch practice from the comfort of our nice warm van! Fortunately, we had parked in the perfect spot, so we could see the entire practice from there, and when the baby started to get fussy, we were able to put a movie on for him. I know, I know, my family in Minnesota would be ashamed, but I live in TEXAS for a reason people, I DON'T LIKE TO BE COLD!!!

Anyway, the boy did good, and he even hit one good line drive to the outfield, so cold as we were, it was fun to watch. But now, I must stop rambling because I have more cookies to make for an order that must go out today...I told you adding baseball practice to my day would mess with my ability to get everything done!

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I feel your pain...I have three boys on three different teams...We start next week...but you know what? I LOVE IT! It is great get-together-with-other-moms time. Play ball!

www.thepreacherswife.wordpress.com