Friday, February 2, 2007

That's My Life

As I sit here contemplating what should be my first post on this blog, I am thinking to myself that I am giving the wrong impression with the title of my site. "Kids, Cakes, Dishes, and Laundry...in that order", is NOT the order in which I believe my life should be focused. It just happens to be the way it usually turns out!

Of course, being the good Christian wife and mother of four, the proper title of this site should be "Christ, Husband, Children, Church, and Ministry". Wouldn't that be GREAT??? Unfortunately, my daily life is all to often guided by what we referred to in college as "the tyranny of the urgent"! In short, whatever is most urgent at the time is what gets taken care of first!

I'd like to elaborate, but; my oldest decided to wake up early this morning and encroach on the only time I (usually) have all to myself during the day, so I am already behind in my daily tasks; and I received an emergency order for a cake and 2 dozen cupcakes today along with the 2 dozen cookies already on my schedule for today; I have a dishwasher full of clean dishes to unload so that I can reload it with the sink full of dirty ones that are staring at me; and everything that my darling daughter wants to pack to take to her grandparents' house this weekend is dirty and needs to be washed before she leaves!

See, just like I said...Kids, Cakes, Dishes, and Laundry...that's my life!

I hope you check back in again, and I REALLY hope I have had something worthwhile to post for you by then!

Thanks for stopping by,
Melody

No comments: