Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Well this is embarrassing...

For the life of me, I can't think of anything to blog about! Life seems to be so totally crazy/busy, and yet, I can't think of anything interesting enough to share with you....ho-hum.

I have taken up knitting. And I'm reading the sequel to the wonderful book, "The Friday Night Knitting Club", which is titled "Knit Two", and I'm enjoying that. But neither is really good blog-fodder just yet. I'm not good enough at the knitting yet to show off any projects. And I'm not far enough into the book yet to give it a decent review.

I am excited about the new season of 24, LOST, American Idol, and Burn Notice! But since they haven't started yet, there isn't much to talk about is there?

The Biggest Loser did start last night, and that was fun. It's always fun watching Bob and Jillian torture OTHER people. :)

The grandparents bought the kids a Wii for Christmas, so Ben bought the Wii Fit Plus for me. (Because I asked, NOT because he thought I needed it!) ;)

When I had my first "Wii Fit" Session, it told me that my "Wii Fit Age" was 46...oops! But after only one week, I've brought that down to 34--and since that is 10 years younger than my actual age, I'm liking the Wii Fit just a bit more this week. :)

I'm still not making much running progress, but I did join a "Lose it for Life" class at my church, and we do a 3.2 mile walk together once a week before the class starts, and although the hills are still kicking my behind, I'm able to hang in there with the rest of them, and have worked up to walking an average 18 minute mile. Which is about 2 min. per mile better than I was able to walk before. I'm not sure if it's the kidney issues or what, but my leg fatigue just isn't getting better fast enough for me to be able to jog for more than a few minutes, and then if I go ahead and try to push through it, my recovery time is way too long and I end up not going at all. My doctor recommended that I just stick to walking so that I could be more consistent with it, so I think I'll take his advice on that one.

So that's it. I told you I had nothing interesting to say! I think I need to take some time to go and catch up on reading some of my favorite blogs and try to get some inspiration!

I did make some cookies and one cake over the holidays, but I don't have pictures ready to post, so I can't even offer you that! Sigh.

I think I'll give up now and just sign off, and hope that something GOOD happens for me to share with you all tomorrow! :)

No comments: