Monday, August 17, 2009

Can you say, BORING?


Hey everyone. Today has been totally boring...

I played some Farm Town, did some housework, and baked some cakes, but I've had this wicked acid reflux thing going on the past couple of days, so I didn't really accomplish all that much. Not sure what the deal is, but it's annoying!

And since I only baked cakes today, and didn't decorate them yet, I don't even have any good pictures for you...sigh. But I do have a couple of movies to recommend to you!

I've seen 3 movies in the past couple of weeks, and two of them were fabulous, and one of them was so totally aggravating that I wanted to a) get my $9.00 back, and b) hand out copies of the book to everyone in the theater who hadn't read it yet. I really liked the book "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Piccoult, and the ending totally caught me by surprise, so I was very excited to see the movie. But in the movie, they changed the ending and made it a totally different story....so in a word, AGGRAVATING!

On the other hand, the movie version of "The Time Traveler's Wife" was WONDERFUL! I was nervous about how it would translate to the screen...especially after the disaster that was "My Sister's Keeper", but they really did an amazing job with it. They left out all the little side stories from the book (which I didn't care for all that much anyway), and they focused on the love story between the main characters. It was really, really well done.

And then just last night, I saw "Julie and Julia", and I LOVED it! I laughed and laughed through the whole thing. Meryl Streep was perfect, and while I was disappointed to learn that Julia Child was not happy about Julie's blog, that was real, so it didn't affect my love for the movie.

So there you go, a lazy day for me, and a bunch of movies for you to go out and see (or NOT see as the case may be).

So how about you? Seen any good movies lately, or read any good books? Let me know in the comments if there's something I should be seeing or reading!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I heard Julie & Julia was good - I'm glad you liked it! It is so annoying to me to pay money to see a movie only to end up disliking it!