Tuesday, June 10, 2008

There's only one kid left!!!

So for my final kid update, I give you.....Jonathan!


I've been looking for a good picture of Jonathan to post here, so you can see my only curly-haired kid, but pictures of Jon are hard to come by. Mainly because Jon hates to have his picture taken, and you have to sneak up on him. If he knows you're coming, you get something like this....

Sometimes, you might get lucky and get a good partial, like this....

Yep, Jon is the "Wilson" of the family! (And if you are confused by that, you need to go watch some "Home Improvement" reruns.)

Lack of photo-opportunities aside, Jonathan did gymnastics again this year and was finally able to perfect his front-flip-landing on the trampoline. A feat which makes him very, very proud! I already mentioned in Maddie's Update that Jon did not win "Honor Student of the Year" in gymnastics this year, and he was quite upset about that. He plans to go back next year and reclaim his title!

Finally, you may recall that we had a pretty fabulous party to celebrate Little Dave's 3rd birthday last month. That, however, was nothing compared to the celebration that took place in heaven when Jonathan finally decided to ask Jesus into his heart!!!

Jonathan has been struggling with this decision for a few years now. He knew it was the right decision, and he knew that one day he would "probably do it", but he wasn't going to do it until he was absolutely sure that he wanted to serve God for the rest of his life. (Jon's not too big on serving....ahem!) So, when he came to me and told me that he had made the decision and had invited God into his heart all by himself...I'm telling you, the angel choir sang and the heavenly hosts rejoiced, and there was much dancing and carrying on!

So, that's my Jonathan update...and you can see that it was worth the wait, yes??? And in honor of this momentous occasion, I give you.....an actual, full-face picture of my Little Fella, whom you will now get to spend eternity with...WHOO-HOO!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this post!

The last line made me cry.

Awesome.

Are you going to update us on you???

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh, that is fantabulous!!

And he is such a cutie!!!