Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kelli Needs Our Help!

Hello everyone! I had a Wordless Wednesday in mind for today, and then I had a whole other post in my head to write, but this morning, I read that Kelli is moving back onto the kidney transplant list and she needs our help to find a donor.

Operation: Find a Kidney for Kelli


Kelli is one of my very favorite blogging friends, and we share a history of kidney troubles. Unfortunately, Kelli is on daily dialysis and is in need of a kidney transplant. She'd really like to have a living donor, and although she never thought she'd do it (and really didn't want to), she has come to us for help in finding one. I know that she was hoping to just live with the dialysis until a kidney became available, and she was willing to just wait her turn. Since she has come forward asking for help in finding a donor, I know that this means the dialysis is no longer working well enough, and things are probably getting a bit scary for her and her family. All that to say, we are trying to get the word out to find a living kidney donor for our sweet friend, Kelli! She needs someone with a blood type of "A" or "O". I'm an "O", but since I have kidney disease myself, I'm not an option. Her amazing husband isn't a match, and her children are too young to be donors. She has no other family options, so it is up to a stranger to help her.

So, if you have a blog, please go here and grab the button, and post it on your blog. We're hoping that someone will see this and be able to donate a kidney for Kelli. And when you're all done with that, head on over to Living In Grace and get to know Kelli for yourself if you don't already. She is an amazing woman and so FUNNY! Trust me, you will not be sorry. And if you have time to hunt through her archives, look for the story about being stopped by security in the airport...it's a classic!

2 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Praying for Kelly.

HolyMama! said...

praying right NOW, and heading over to Kelli's. Thanks, Melody!