Wednesday, September 3, 2008

When it rains...


This weekend we had a birthday party for a friend, our first football game of the season, and a pool party for a friend who moved away and was in town visiting. Sunday night, Benji got sick...in MY bathroom...ugh! Monday, Jon got sick...and still is. Tuesday, little Dave and I got sick...I believe there is a stomach virus in the house! This morning, Maddie is coughing, and sniffling....sigh.

Today is supposed to be the first day of Maddie's new ballet class. She's moving up to the big girls REAL ballet class! In a few minutes, we'll be leaving to go get her new ballet shoes...she needs "split sole" shoes for the big-girl class...whatever those are. So, we're heading out in the hopes that she will feel better after she's been up and around for awhile, and she will get to dance in her new shoes later this afternoon.

I think it's God's divine provision that today is another "Backwards Edition" of Works for Me Wednesday! So here's what I want from you all...anything that makes your life easier! I don't care if it's housework, homeschooling, sports and activities, grocery shopping, WHATEVER! Anything that you do that makes your life easier in some way...I want you to share it in the comments, 'kay? (And having fewer children is NOT an option, LOL!)

And now I'm off to try to make myself presentable enough to head to the pharmacy and the ballet shop!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

One of the things that has helped me the most is planning a menu for the entire month, or at least a week at a time. This summer my children needed to be at soccer about an hour after I left work 2 nights per week. I was able to plan something that could be prepared ahead of time or that the sitter could pop in the oven for me. It has also helped with planning my grocery purchases and having the necessary ingredients on hand, as I can look at my menu and know what I need for groceries each week.

Kristin - The Goat said...

One of my very favorite cleaning tips -- Clean Shower

Also, be sure to take a multi vitamin each day. It is truly amazing how much better I feel since I started doing this consistently every day.

Have a great day!
Kritin

Anonymous said...

Freezer cooking really helps us a lot. I have several freezer friendly recipes on my site.

Also, I recently purchased a Shark Floor Steamer. I had never even seen the infomercials for it. I got it on sale at Target. It really makes cleaning floors so much easier!

Sorry you guys have a stomach virus. We had that for 2 weeks in August. Ugh!

Cheri said...

I guess I'm not original - I'd say planning and routines. This week I'm stocking up on the freezer meals too...

Clean Shower - loving that too, especially with my joint problems.

Most of all? Make sure YOU are getting adequate rest - it makes dealing with everything else so much easier!