Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's Crazy, I Tell You, Crazy!

I feel badly that I've been gone from here for a few days, so I had to stop in for just a minute, but my day is quickly getting away from me, so this will be short and sweet...


I believe I promised some cake photos the last time I dropped by, so I think we'll just post those today and try to be witty and entertaining another time. :) (Hey, I said, "TRY"...I have no pretense of grandeur here, people.)


This cake was for Mocha With Linda's daughter!



And this one was for the employee of a friend who was retiring after 20 years...apparently she's a chocoholic, because this cake is chocolate, with chocolate icing, and chocolate fondant/gumpaste, and it had to look like a box of chocolates! The wet spots are just that, water drips from attaching the bow and gift tag that didn't dry before I had to take the picture...they were all dry before they ate it though...don't worry! :)

And, its FOOTBALL season again, which means that for every University of Texas home game, I will be making several dozen cookies, and either a cookie cake or a regular cake...depending on the weather (cookie cakes are not as likely to melt as a regular cake with buttercream icing!) Here is a sampling of last weekend's cookies...

And last week's cookie cake was dedicated to Vince Young because they were retiring his jersey before the game...


Well, that's all I've got, and I'm way behind on everything else around here, so I'd better scoot!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Really enjoying your "Fav cakes" photo feature on the sidebar! Of course, I wish you were closer ... hehe

Mocha with Linda said...

Love the UT cookies. The chocolate cake looks beyond scrumptious. And of course, I adore the one on top!!