Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What a Loser!




Okay, I know I've been gone for awhile...computer crashed again (errrr!), but I do have some big news to share. I mentioned in a previous post that I've been watching reruns of "The Biggest Loser" and have been so very impressed by their successes and by their fitness level after just a few months on the program. In fact, they had an episode where two people who had been previously kicked off the show were able to return after losing weight on their own at home. The thing that struck me was that these two returned to the ranch having actually lost more weight than those who had stayed on the ranch, however when it came time to start working out with the group, they were struggling to keep up. They had concentrated only on weight loss and had not been doing the strength training that the others had done. THEN I watched as all of these very large people competed in a triathalon and they all completed it! I was so impressed that I decided that this was the way I wanted to lose my extra 12 pounds.

So....I joined the "Biggest Loser Club" online and got started with the new diet and the workouts. I am pleased to report that at my first weigh in, I had lost 4 pounds!!! I don't expect to drop that much every week as my metabolism adjusts to the new diet etc., but I am very pleased so far with how it is working and how I feel! My next weigh-in is Friday morning. I'll let you all know then how I did.

In the meantime, I have been making cakes and cookies, and will update when I can, but I'm still trying to restore some things to the computer here, and I'll be spending quite a bit of time on that for awhile. I've also still been cooking breakfast and dinner each day for the family and have found some great new recipes with this new diet that I'll be sharing soon as well.

Now I must get back to the laundry so I can get that finished and then start dinner. Hopefully, this thing will stay up and running and I'll be back again soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

YEAH!!! for you!!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

WendyDarling said...

Congratulations!! :-) I am very proud of you.

I wish I only had 12 lbs. to lose, but I have been trying. :-) My first weigh in is tomorrow. :-) I am doing the Fat Smash Diet.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I am so glad you are back! I need to check out that site..I've been working out pretty hard for 4 weeks now and have hit a wall..:)

Lisa

Laurie said...

I have enjoyed your site. You may inspire me to join you. I have about 60 lbs. to lose. Take care, Laurie

Jan said...

Congratulations!

It's so hard to lose weight after a certain age, isn't it?

Keep it up!

Blessings,
Jan
quiltgirl