Monday, July 16, 2007

Is it a diaper bag...or is it a CAKE????

I know you have all been having "cake picture" withdrawals, so I thought I'd take a quick minute to post a couple of pictures for you.

This cake was for a diaper shower at my church yesterday. I had a totally different cake in mind when I was first asked to make a cake for the shower, but when I found out that it was a "Diaper Shower" the idea of a diaper bag cake just popped into my head and I decided to save the other idea for another time! Anyway, I think it turned out really cute, and I was so pleased with it that I plan to recreate it for the "Capital Confectioner's Cake Decorating Convention" cake decorating contest.

Here it is from the front...



And from the back...



Of course for the contest, I'll have to make the bottle, pacifier, and toys out of gumpaste or something rather than just buying them, but time was short on this project, and I wanted the mother to get some fun stuff other than just diapers!

Now, I probably should have started with this one, because it'll be a huge letdown after the whole diaper bag extravaganza...but I also made a little carrot cake a couple of weeks ago that I didn't get to post because of my computer's sudden illness. So, I thought I'd just post that one real quick for you today too.




And that's it for now. I hope to be back to my regular blogging schedule this week, but for now I must tackle some laundry because I have to go to Dallas tomorrow to get the results of my most recent kidney function tests and to make sure my medication levels are correct, so....the kids are going to spend the night at GRANDMA'S HOUSE!!!! So, today is laundry and packing up the kids! Once that is all done, I will resume my regularly scheduled blogging life!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

WendyDarling said...

I LOVE the cakes. I sure hope I get that good one day. :-)

Lads of London said...

Melody....I'm impressed with all of your cakes! You do marvelous work! I wish I could order one from you! Do you only make them locally I"m assuming? Fabulous!

Poor little Ethan sure is going through a lot, isn't he?!?! It's just breaking my heart!

Hope all is well at your appt!

Love,
JoAnn

Tracey said...

I am still so in awe of your fabulous cake designs!

Hope all is okay with the results of your tests. Travel safely!

Much love!
Tracey

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Thanks for the birthday love...And yes, I wish you could give me a cake too...:))

The diaper bag? To Die For! You'll totally win a prize with that one...Of course, I think you should enter the uterus too...lol

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your diaper bag cake really looks authentic. Great job on the carrot cake too... sure, it's simpler than the diaper bag cake, but compared to Wal-Mart's carrot cakes, it's multitudes prettier and I'm sure it tastes worlds better, too.