Monday, October 13, 2008

Love Starts With Elle



Love Starts With Elle


Isn't that a great title for a book? So creative, Miss Rachel is. When I read Sweet Caroline by Rachel Hauck, I really enjoyed it. I found it light reading that was fun and entertaining, while still presenting the gospel message. It was a nice break for me from everyday life around here. :) But I confess that while I wanted to read the second book set in this small low country town, I didn't expect to like it as well. You see, I related to Caroline, NOT Elle, and knowing that Caroline would probably not be in this book much, I didn't think I'd relate as well to Elle.

I was so very, very wrong. In fact, I think I might like to be more like Elle...at least her new-found prayer life.

I think I mentioned in a previous post that I was reading two books at the same time. One I was reading for my morning quiet time, and this book was my fiction book that I was reading just for fun. I wish I could review them together, because as I was reading them at the same time, they were working together on my heart. As Elle was going through men-issues and learning to sit quietly and hear God's voice all at the same time, I was learning the importance of daily conversations with God. I was learning both to pour out my heart to Him and to sit quietly and listen to His...sounds easy doesn't it? As Elle finds out, it's not that easy, but it is well worth the effort!

This book will not only entertain you (Elle's a very funny, girl!), but it will also challenge your day-to-day walk with God to be more intimate, and more focused. I love that about Christian fiction!

Below is a little video-trailer for the book that will give you an idea of the personality of Elle, and what to expect from this book. Enjoy!







Now, you can win your very own copy of this book by leaving a comment on Rachel's Blog Post! So head on over there and let her know that you want to win that book! And if you don't win it, just go here to buy your own copy! And if you haven't read "Sweet Caroline" order that one too. You really don't need to read them in order, they stand alone just fine, but they are both worth the read!

Finally, if you want to follow this tour, check out this link for all the stops on the tour. Who knows, some of them may be giving away more books themselves! (Mine has already been given away to the winner of my "Sweet Caroline" contest...sorry! I gave it away as a 2-fer. :))

1 comment:

Mocha with Linda said...

I thought this was a great book, also!