Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cakes, Cakes, and Cookie Cakes....

I really do have things to write about...I do, but unlike Barb I have not yet mastered the "Ten Minute Post". Seriously, she told me once it takes her about 10 minutes to write a post! It takes me that long to form a complete sentence! As usual, my To-Do List has 5 things on it, and so far, 1 of them is finished, another is started, and the other 3 are still waiting...impatiently....for my attention. So, I bring to you today, a few cakes and cookie cakes that I haven't been able to post because of a glitch in my Photoshop program. (It wouldn't unload the photos from my memory card....aargh!) For some strange reason, it decided to work the other day, so I decided to post the pics for your viewing pleasure. So, enjoy yourselves while I get back to my list!
This one was for a friend's son's birthday party. He asked for a Super Mario cake....just anything Super Mario. This is what he got--thanks to my kids who have played a lot of Mario at their grandma's house. (In fact, grandma likes Mario so much, they thought I should do a cake like this for her next birthday!)

This one was a challenge. The cake had to match a table already decorated for fall, but also go with the "Baby Shower" napkins that were all pastelly and cute... My mom has pictures of it on the actual table, and I'm hoping it looked better there than it does on my kitchen table with our school paraphernalia all around it!

This was one of my weekly cookie cakes for a Texas Longhorn Tailgate party. We were playing the Rice Owls, and this lady really likes the "Clashing Helmet" thing.

{By the way...UT 45 - OU 35....HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!! :) :) :)}

This one was for one of two brothers who prefer cookie cakes to regular cakes. I do their cakes every year. Two of the most handsome boys I've ever seen! The youngest one looks like a carbon-copy of Shemar Moore (Derek Morgan on Criminal Minds). Drop dead gorgeous!!

And this is the little brother's cake. He prefers a plain sugar cookie to the chocolate chip....crazy kid!

And that's it for now folks. I've neglected my duties for far too long....and yes, this took more than 10 minutes! I've really gotta figure out how she does that! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You do such beautiful work!

Mocha with Linda said...

WOW! Those are incredibly! LOVE the Mario cake - I'll have to show that to my kids. And the baby shower cake is adorable. You are so gifted.