Sunday, August 10, 2008

As a rule, I don't blog about the extended family...

...but technically Gerry isn't family until the wedding in November. Poor, poor, Gerry. You really should have married my niece earlier.

So yesterday we were all at my great-nephew's very 1st birthday party (which by the way was a really good party where all the kids had a blast, and my niece painted some amazing decorations), when I heard my future nephew telling a story...a Wal-Mart story. Apparently, he and my great-nephew were in Wal-Mart looking at a few items, and as is often the case when wandering through the Wal-Mart, he realized that they had been there for about an hour and they really should get going, so they headed to the check-out lanes. As is also usually the case in the Wal-Mart, all the line were quite long. So, he found the shortest line and proceeded to stand in said line. I'm not exactly sure how long he stood in said line (perhaps he eliminated that tid-bit of information from his story on purpose), but at some point he realized that his basket was empty....did you catch that? He hadn't found anything to buy at the Wal-Mart....but he was standing in the check-out line anyway! BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!

As I was picking myself up off the ground and wiping the tears from my eyes (you know, from all the laughing), I leaned over to my sister and said, "I wonder if he realizes that he's just been blogged!"

I think I might enjoy having some more blog-fodder in this family!!!

4 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

THAT is priceless!!

Why can't I ever get in line behind someone like that?!

Rachel said...

That is absolutely hysterical!

JMR said...

LOL How funny!!!!!! I could totally see myself doing something like that!!

Hope you are doing well. **Hugs** <3 Jami

Cheri said...

I agree with JJJ - I can SO see myself doing something like this. I mean, come on. I mailed Christmas presents for other people to my husband in Iraq and didn't even realize it!